Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, February 24, 2012

Infection stay

Have been in the hospital since Sunday. Came in due to infection and fever. But surprisingly when I am in here no bacteria was found in my blood and the fever has subsided. Nonetheless, still had to stay in hospital for observation purpose.

Have decided to stay in here for my last cycle of chemo which is today. Next Monday I have to admit again for my FINALE!

This stay there are three terminal illness patients same ward as me. Two have been lying in bed since. One of them has a nice husband. He told me he cried whenever he sees his wife in pain.

She has breast cancer and spread to brain already.

Makes me wonder why my hubby never cry huh?

I read somewhere that breasts cancer is top for women. And reason being the wired bras that women are wearing nowadays. Especially career women who has to wear it at work for longer hours. Wired bras prevent blood circulation hence may cause cancer.

I like the nurses in ward 48. All already know me and can sometimes tell me stories about other patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment