Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Monday, January 9, 2012

Best doctor -- Dr Miriam Tao

Today's schedule: Appointment at 1145am to see Dr Miriam Tao. Asked to reach one hour earlier for blood test.

11am: Went to NCC and take blood test.

12pm: While waiting to see Doctor, the nurse told me to go for lunch as there were 9 people ahead of me. Took a shuttle bus out of SGH and had lunch at chinatown. (Felt like an achievement as I always thought shuttle buses are rocket science.)

1.15pm: Finally took the shuttle bus back to SGH. While on the bus, received an SMS to say I have 2 more patients ahead of me.

1.40pm: Alighted at NCC and thought I was late! But actually the number is still stuck at the one indicated on the SMS. (Still the same patient)

2.30pm: Nurse asked me to move to another clinic, because the afternoon shift doctors are taking over the clinics already.

Then while waiting for my turn, I heard two aunties complaining about the waiting time. They say that was the longest they have ever waited. And the nurse told them that I will be the last while they will go before me.

3pm: Dr Miriam Tao's nurse came out and call my name. Immediately the aunty behind me told her that she is supposed to be ahead of me. Dr Tao has to come out and tell them that I am having chemo so I go first. The two aunties must be damn pissed.

Oh, I said Dr Miriam Tao is the best doctor because she is so nice! When I walked into her room, she immediately "sayang" me by saying I am such a patient girl. She even gave me a privilege that the next time if I have waited for more than half an hour, I can knock on the door and tell her I am outside. She will let me go in first. She will even indicate on my file to give me priority. Reason being I am on chemo and my legs are inconvenient.

Aww.... Feel that she really takes care of me.

And feel guilty for acting weak! hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment