Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, January 13, 2012

Chemo Session 4 Part 1

Just had my 4th session of chemo yesterday. Means I am only left with two more sessions!

Next monday I am going to admit into SGH again for another 4 days. This time Doctor has instructed to do an MRI scan on my spine. I presume it is to see whether the mass has become smaller.

This time the chemo side effects is bad. After chemo at 2pm, I went home and slept from 4 to 8 pm. Then tried to sleep at 12am but to no avail.

Woke up at 2am to vomit. And the vomit makes my throat super hot. Like as if I just had 麻辣火锅!

And I thought I was tolerating the side effects well and there comes vomiting. Really cannot be too 嚣张.


P/S: Anybody wana visit me next week at SGH? Please do so ok? I will be damn bored.

4 comments:

  1. hi gal...

    i chanced upon your blog a few weeks ago when i was reading up some stuff about cancer :( my dad is down with cancer too.

    just wanna let u know that u are doing great and pls remain positive about everything in life ok! i duno if this might sound weird but i do wanna give u my support as since i am a gal..i know how sucky it is at times when we just 'feel alone'. i carn find your email in this blog..is there anyway i can PM u?

    however i am fine too if u prefer things to remain this way! i will continue to give u support by reading your blog :) haha do not be frightened..i just totally feel for u as after my dad got cancer, i felt really lost & sad..so i can understand how u, a cancer patient, feels!

    stay happy and cheerful!

    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie,
    Sorry to hear about your dad. How is he already? What cancer was he diagnosed?

    U may email me yorkmun@gmail.com

    Maybe we can be each other listening ear :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing my slot tml( Wed ) 3-5pm. My flu and cough had finally cleared up. Can go in without the self suffocating mask ard my nose liao. See ya tml!

    ReplyDelete