Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, January 27, 2012

CNY 2012 - Be humble

Thank god for allowing me to spend this joyous occassion with my family! Love life :)

Sometimes I find CNY is nothing but meeting people whom you call relatives but you meet once a year and reluctantly give off that hongbao. It is such a torture recently when I find that relatives like to compare results, your job, whose bag is more branded or whose car is bigger.

If you are one of those people, think that you are so rich or so successful that you have to put other people down or look down on people, reflect. Humility goes a long long way. Yes you may be so rich now or have so much in life now, but you may also lose everything overnight. When that happens, people around you will only help you if you have been a humble person.

I was telling hubby about this and hubby said he doesn't care as long as the three of us are together as a family. I really have alot to learn from my this old hubby. He really can heck care all the negative things in life and move on be himself and love his family. Love him so much.

So my new year resolution is to be humble and be with humble people.

My lovely family

Cousin and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment