Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, December 23, 2011

Chemo Session 3 Part 1

Yesterday went to do my Chemo Session 3 as outpatient in SGH.

Reached at 830am, hoping to finish at 1pm or so. In the end, I left the hospital at 430pm!

Fantastic.

Reached there first thing is the blood test. They need to test if the blood is alright to go for chemo.

Saw the doctor at 930 am. Asked the doctor about my black toe and she said it is a normal side effect. It will grow out soon and it is rare that the nails will drop out. (I hope I am not rare though!)

Doctor checked the numbness of my legs, apparently, it has not 100% fully recover yet. Doctor said most recovery will be within the first few days after the operation. Anything after that will let time tell. It could be permanent it could be just temporary.

I think the doctor is trying to hide the bad news from me. Already close to two months since my operation, and my sensation is still not 100%. It could be permanent damage for me.

But I am glad my mobility is still there. I can walk and shop and go out. Although not at the best agility I have, at least I can move around.

I am blessed already. If I am immobile, I rather die. Seriously.

So after the checkup with doctor, they asked me to come back at 1230pm for the chemo. So I went for lunch at 11am. Brought my beehoon that my Mum dabao for me and ordered a milo dinosaur and EAT! hahaha...

Anyway, most part of the chemo, I slept. Nothing to write about. But I am amazed by how sensitive I am to Benodryl. The moment the medicine goes it, I fall asleep. I cannot even wake up to listen to what the nurse wants to tell me!

This time, side effects is bad. I feel nauseous. I hate this feeling.

And I am going to MBS for a 3days 2 nights stay. I hope this feeling goes away. BOO!

P/S: Yes, I have been going to chemo alone! I feel so independent hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment