Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I miss....

I miss being able to doll up and there are several factors which makes it impossible now

  • I miss my hair - Because I don't have hair, I have to wear a hat it makes me not pretty at all.  A wig just makes me looks fake. Now I see my past photos with my natural hair, I can't help but feel that I am so pretty last time hahahaha!
  • I miss wearing dresses - I need to wear my back brace (a.k.a the turtle shell) hence there is limitation to what I can wear. Now I only wear hooded jacket or T-shirt to hide the shell. Even T-shirts I also seldom wear it because the turtle shell is very obvious under t-shirts. And when I wear my hooded jacket, I can only wear shorts or pants. BORING!
  • I miss putting make-up - No make-up means no eyebrows, no cheeks, no eyes. Need I say anything?

I am superficial, whatever.

2 comments:

  1. You're not! It's girls' nature to dress up like a beauty~ :P
    I miss those things when I'm having chemo too.
    I don't look back to old photo, that made me feel sucks. Buy a sexy pretty wig (don't online shopping, go to a wig shop and tell them you are having chemo and need a wig, let them serve you and enjoy your preferential treatment!) and dress up like a queen when you're going out, even though you're just going to the hospital for a simply blood test.
    HEHEHEHE~~~ that's what I used to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, remember to bring your mask while going out ^^

    ReplyDelete