Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Black toe

Every chemo has it's own side effects and somehow it is different from each previous sessions.

The last time I had fever in the hospital so I had to stay another 3 days. This time, I had trouble urining.

The reason why I had to be hospitalised is because I need to be on drip to flush out the medicine. Somehow, this time I urine too little hence the medicine was retained in my body. Doctor had to inject me with some drugs to make me pee more often.

Crossing my fingers. Hope I don't get to stay until new year!

I also have another problem - My big toe is getting black!

It is one of the side effects. Doctor says it is rare that the nails will drop out. Normally, the black portion will just grow out.


1 comment:

  1. "having cancer is the best thing ever"
    Yes, it is!! HAhaha :P :D
    stay strong, gambateh ^^!!!

    ReplyDelete