Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Monday, December 5, 2011

Chemotherapy Session 2 Part 2

Today is the start of my "resort stay", 4 days 3 nights at SGH to do my next part of the chemo session. Doing the medicine MTX, need to be on drip to flush out the toxic.

It's so frustrating. SGH knows in advance I am going to admit but there are not available beds. Waited to be admitted in O'Briens and act "atas" drinking my anti-oxidant green tea with jasmine while they clear the beds and will call me when there is any available.

Drink Green tea everyone! Green tea can fight cancer, lower bad cholestrol, prevent potential strokes, prevent diabetes, speed up metabolism, burn fats etc. *slurp*

Good tea - Green Tea

And while the hubby is rushing his work, here I am blogging about these insignificant events in my life. What a nua life I have now.

Hospital is really full of waiting. As if the time of a patient is just to wait. True enough, we are damn free. My life is eat, sleep, wait for chemo and write this blog.

But can't they have more proper logistic planning?

Imagine -- A cancer patient sitting here waiting for the rooms to be available when the patient is not supposed to be in crowded places? (though I just came back from a packed temple. Praying is important ok?)

Went to register at 1pm and got check in at 340pm. Before that we went for some yummy wonton mee. Whoever that visit SGH has gotta eat this yummy-licous wonton mee at Kaffe&Toast at Blk 4. Ok you may not like it. But I love it! Omnomnomnom~


Wonton mee. Nice!


This time I did not stay in A1 ward. Because I feel lonely in a big room after staying for 2 weeks there the previous stay. This time I chose the 4 bedded (B1 ward).

*note: staying at ward 48 room 9 bed 1. (4891), 4D time! haha

My hubby thinks I am so spoilt that we haven't stepped into the ward and he said "I think you are going to upgrade back to A1!"


Am I that spoilt?

But I really got a culture shock when I stepped into the B1 ward. I was so used to the big room to myself, I don't have enough space to put my things!

That little cabinet at my side is filled with my bag, laptop bag and water there is not enough space already.

There is only one electric socket that I cannot even plug both my laptop batt and my hp charger.

There is no fridge also to put cold drinks for myself my vistors.

The TV is a 13 inch small black box hanging above me compared to A1 ward which is a LCD 24 inch TV. (OK I don't know about the size. I just estimate.)

The mini black box. I need a telescope please.

Call me spoilt. Whatever. 

I am staying with two other patients. They are opposite of me. The bed beside me is empty. Good. Means I do not need to tolerate someone snoring beside me. And I can steal their table or chair and use hahahaha!

Anyway, the two other patients in front of me. The one directly in front of me is A and the one beside A let's call her B. A and B both aged around 60 plus. Old and frail. A is a chinese, B is an Indian. Both of them include me have this Fall Precaution notice. Means three of us are at risk of fall or has mobility problem. I was thinking if three of us walk together how will the scene be like. Muahahha...!

Then the doctor came in and tell me that the pharmacy did not prepare my medicine and they got the file mixed up or lost so they have asked them to prepare it NOW! At 6pm. I am really surprised at their efficiency.

Since chemo is at 11pm. Me and hubby decides to go meet Leon for dinner at the Chinatown market. Haha.. I wore my home clothes with my RFID tag that was supposed to track me in the hospital -- out of the hospital! I am a refugee! Wahaha..

I just want to eat eat eat before the chemo effects start.

Nauseousness please leave me alone!

*Because I am on drip, I will have alot of fluids going through my body and it means I will need to pee every 2-3 hours. Means very hard to sleep :(

No comments:

Post a Comment