Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Resort stay -- Chemo Session 3 Part 2

Today is the start of the "resort stay" at SGH again. It also means I will miss Vera's birthday which falls on the 29 Dec :(

Well, just felt abit tired of the whole thing of admitting and discharging in the hospital. The whole cycle is tedious and time-consuming because admission office works at a turtle speed.

Also the thought of staying in the hospital just makes me feel sick again. The smell of the medicine is suffocating.

Miss the times I be with Vera too. Like to sleep with her. Like to make her laugh by tickling her and let her lie with me and watch youtube video on my iphone.

I miss the times with hubby too. It's like all his time and energy is for work, little time for Vera and no time for me. I know work is important. I think family is more so.

There is no other choice right? I am already half way there. The procedure will just get shorter and shorter. I reckon the side effects will get stronger and stronger because the body is getting weakened?

Sometimes it is very hard to be optimistic. So I can only rely on photos to remind myself who am I fighting for and whether it is worth it.

Quite a few people I met told me I look good for a patient. Mind over body! When I am out of hospital I am with my loved ones, I am happy and I feel good. All nauseousness is gone, I don't even want to sleep just to spend time with my family and friends. Nobody except Vera can match up to my energy level. lolx.

I don't know what this post is leading too.

Just random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment