Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, November 11, 2011

10th Nov 2011 (Thurs): 13th day in Hospital (SGH) - After 1st Chemo (day1)

Today is the first day after first chemo. I haven't felt the side effects yet. But I just feel a little bit more tired. I still have alot of appetite. So I still eat normal food and eat until I am super full. However, I was told that the side effects only come in 3-5 days later *crossing fingers*


My mum, sisters and hubby come everyday to accompany me. Although they have nothing to do here, they insist on being here with me. I am very happy for their moral support but yet it breaks my heart to see my mum lose 5kg because of me (although she has to lose more).

Today my mother-in-law (MIL) also called me to ask me to take good care and she apologised for not being able to take care of me during this period. Ain't I a blessed child? And she even told hubby that I have to cure this no matter how much money it involves. She even willingly fork out her savings if need be.

Throughout my 26 years of life, I really have very few friends. Maybe because I have a very aloof look and I am not a very good PR person plus I am very sarcastic. So people who survived to be my friends really just a handful.

However, through the advent of technology, alot of my long lost friends start to visit me and giving me their blessings through facebook or sms-es. Then I was telling hubby "Wow at least I know I will have people come during my funeral" -- I have always been wondering when I die, will there be people attending my funeral?

But I know people like them will never fail me:

The Cousin
Buddy/client/agent-- thinking he looks like a doc here
"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment