Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Thursday, November 17, 2011

16th Nov 2011 (Wed): 19th day in Hospital (SGH) - 1st Chemo (6th medicine) - Day 1

Today is first day after the MTX medicine (6th medicine, 1st Chemo)


Side Effects: Nothing much. Fatigue maybe. Keep wanting to sleep. Hair still around. *Phew*


The catheter at the shoulder area is really a wonderful thing. Now they put drip, medicine and take blood from this tube and I don't feel anything! I no need to be poked every single time too :) Happy! Wonder how come medical can be so advanced huh?


My mum blended beet root juice for me. It is known for detoxing the liver. Jen brought 6 for me. And my mum blended 2 into one glass. Taste like vege with a bit of soil taste. But after the beet root juice, I felt a tad uncomfortable, feel like vomiting, maybe I think too much hahaha. I gulped it down in one breath... I think next time I just take half a glass not one full glass.. It is too much for me :(

Beet root juice



An inspiring story to share:


Somebody left a message at the chatterbox at side of my blog. She shared this youtube video. Everybody should see this video. This is his website also. 


A man with no limbs but his dreams are unlimited. His inspiring story can be easily read here too.


In summary:

Nick Vujicic was on the morning of the 4th of December 1982 in Melbourne, Australia. However, the last two words on the minds of his parents was "Praise God!". That is because their firstborn son had been born without limbs! All his mother could say was, “Please, take him away!”
There were no warnings or time to prepare themselves for it. The doctors were shocked and had no answers at all! There is still no medical reason why this had happened.


The whole church mourned over his birth and Nick Vujicic parents were absolutely devastated. Everyone asked, "If God is a God of Love, then why would God let something this bad happen to not just anyone, but dedicated Christians?" Nick’s father thought the baby wouldn't survive for very long, but tests proved that Nick Vujicic was a healthy baby boy just with a few limbs missing i.e. no legs, no arms.











"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet" Author Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment