Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, November 11, 2011

11th Nov 2011 (Fri): 14th day in Hospital (SGH) - After 1st Chemo (day2)

Today is day 2 after chemo. A very nice date-- 11.11.11

Side effects: Sleepy, sleepy and sleepy. Lazy lazy lazy... Stomach feeling abit uneasy and slight headache

Today mum went to get a juice extractor and some carrots and kiwis to put in the hospital so I can drink fresh juices. And hubby has to go to office after being missing for quite some time. So I nap the whole afternoon away -- around 3 hours.

The sweet hubby goes to Cheers store downstairs to buy paper panties and sanitary pad for me. He really loves me lor. Because he always think it is very unlucky to do this kind of things as he buy 4D. But when I really need it he will go and buy, no complaints.

Supposed to have one chemo session tomorrow but I still have some bleeding, they decided to postpone that session to Monday or Wednesday. It just means I have to stay in hospital for a longer period.

I just created an inspirational quote for myself : Lymphoma is a highly curable disease. It just makes my life more DRAMATIC -- YorkMun (2011)

COOL NOT?

But I feel very emo today.

I feel very insecure also.

I am afraid my hubby will despise me. Will he seek comfort from other women???

Why can't I be a normal person going shopping?

Why must I be subjected to the cruelty of chemotherapy?

Ya it is at this point of time when you ask alot of WHY? Maybe because I have been staying in hospital for toooo long and I start to miss home. I miss being with my loved ones. I miss leading a normal life. I want to go watch movie with hubby. :(

I hope this emo thingy doesn't stay too long in me. I hope the tears doesn't come too often too...


"If you don't have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don't have much at all. Love is so supremely important." (91) - Morrie

2 comments:

  1. knowing the stage of grief that comes next may be helpful in dealing with it. =) watch this video if you can...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWTHP8zT28Q&feature=related

    just remember...you'll hit bottom at some point. but after that, the only way out is up. =)

    love, serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg the giraffe is damn cute hahhaa... Yea When u are at the bottom, the only way is up.. It is really very true!

    ReplyDelete