Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, November 18, 2011

17-18th Nov 2011 (Thurs & Fri): 19-20th day in Hospital (SGH) - 1st Chemo (6th medicine) - Day 2&3

Side effects: Sleepy, nauseating. Keep sleeping in the afternoon.  Vomited at 8pm. Felt better after vomit. And continue to eat my mum's porridge thereafter.


Doctor says 2 weeks after chemo is the peak period for side effects. Hair will start to drop too. I seriously hate these side effects. I have no strength for anything else, just keep sleeping. And I see the hospital food, I feel like puking out :(


I maybe be able to discharge tomorrow! (19 Nov, Sat). Depends on my blood count. If it is good then I am good to go home. And I told hubby I feel like going for the movie that everybody is raving about it now -- 那些年我们追过的女孩。 Don't know if that is the correct title but everyone is saying how nice it is! Don't know if hubby is adventurous enough to bring me out :)


But I will be recuperating at my mum's place after I discharge. Might wanna organise mahjong with those friends that don't need to work in the afternoon hahaha! Anybody?


I had a big group of KCPSS friends came to visit me. Felt so touched that the 10 over of them actually remember me :) And to be able to chat about the past makes me feel ALIVE! We should really meet more often. Have more fun and laughter  together :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment