Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Sunday, November 20, 2011

19th Nov 2011 (Sat) -- Discharge Day! - Lost iphone day!

I am super HAPPY! 

Today is the day back to Civilisation! 

I took half an hour to bathe clean clean, comb my hair (which is surprisingly still around), wear my own pajamas, and at 11.45a.m. nobody is here yet to pick me up!

Well, I pushed the discharge time to 5p.m. so that hubby and mum has more time to pack things and do discharging admin matters. 

But hubby has to learn how to do dressing for me from the nurses. (wonder if he can take the stress with his fat fingers). But anyway, dressing could be done at the National Cancer Centre. I think I will just go down because it is quite dangerous if dressing is not done properly. Cannot have any infections.

And I have to jab myself for the next four days at my tummy to push up my white blood cells.

Then after discharged, met Wengfai and Liqi to discuss about my discharges. And I went to the handicapped toilet in the midst of it. And I MISPLACED my iphone in it! I placed it on the toilet paper roll top and I forgot to take. I think it is a retribution. I was too busy using the walking stick which I "took" from the hospital. Hahaha.. And then I forgot to check for my iphone.

I left the toilet for 2 minutes only and I asked Liqi to help me go find it and it was gone at 630pm lor! We downloaded the "find my iphone" app to track and the person never off the phone and was in SGH all the while. We suspect it was in the construction site at Hospital Avenue but couldn't go in to find.

So we went to the nearest police station at Canotonment Neighbourhood Police Post to report the lost of iphone. The police there quite friendly. Pushed me in the wheelchair (so old right?) into the police station since they saw that I couldn't walk too conveniently and allowed us to both go in although I don't have IC with me. (I explained that I just got discharged so I do not have any IC with me).

Then they actually resource out two policemen and one policecar to help us find the iphone in the construction site. Everything came to no avail at 830pm.

I am so guilty. Felt so useless.

First day of discharge I have to trouble my hubby and two friends to help me find the iphone to NO AVAIL. In the end, we had dinner and went back home hahahhaa!

Thanks WengFai and Liqi :) Shall give u guys a good treat when I AM BETTER!

SASHIMI here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment