Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

21 Nov 2011 (Monday) - Start of hair fall, shopping again :)

Hair is coming out from every pull. Around 10 strands per pull. Went to cut my hair super short at some neighbourhood hairdresser near Mum's place. Really regretted spending that $10 since it is going bald real soon. Maybe this weekend if the drop is very drastic, I am going to shave it ALL bald. Who want to join my balding team?

Real short hair. Probably my last few photos with the hair :)

Went to my GP to check my back. Wanted a second opinion if it is good enough to not put the dressing anymore. Mum was quite worried because she thinks the wound still looks rather unhealed. But docs and nurses at SGH told me that it is dry enough to leave it open after I discharge. And my GP also said it is dry. So now, the dressing is gone :)

The wound is not a straight line. Looks awful lor :(

My scar with alot of dead skin surrounding it muahaha.

Then at 5p.m., Dad and Mum brought me to buy this tea recommended by Jomei. I have very bad constipated problem and she said only this tea helped her poo poo while she was doing chemo. Already 4 days no poo so I went to buy this tea and try. Hopefully it helps. It is actually a slimming tea but Jomei's doctor told her the ingredients are all natural it is safe.

Slimming tea for poo poo

Drank another glass of PURE beet root juice today. Still taste awful and stomach acidic after that. But managed to poo also. Even urine also will be red colour. I think I am going to mix with orange or apple to make it tastier. It is very good liver detoxing.

Then after that, we headed towards Toa Payoh Courts and I bought 2 DVD Samsung player! One to put at my mum's place so I can watch DVD, another is for MIL. Vera only want to watch her DVD and not allow MIL to watch her shows. So we intend to put this player in the room so at least two rooms have the player and Vera can watch her Barney and Hi-5 in the room.

The player is super cheap! Usual price is $85, now $39. I stepped in less than 10 minutes and I just obtain two of it. Machiam buying vegetables hahaha! Was telling my mum, it is a disposable item now. If it is spoilt, I won't bother to fix it, just get a new one! Even now we buy a printer, we also just buy printer, not the ink anymore hahaha! We are really polluting the environment :(

Somehow, I love to do marketing now. Never step into supermarket and feel so happy looking at food, vegetables and fruits. I am going to learn to cook during this period ( I really don't know how to cook AT ALL) and so I can be more independent. No need to reply on people to cook for me. *bleahz*

Couldn't sleep at night again. Tried to take steroids earlier around 5pm. But still hinder my sleep. Slept at 10pm, woke up at 12am to pee. Then lie in bed until 2am, woke up eat biscuit and eat Anarex (muscle relaxant pill) so that I "force-sleep" myself at 4 am. Woke up at 7am already.

I think I have too many things running through my mind also. Thinking how to make full use of my time. Should I take a course? But I cannot really walk so I cannot go out for courses, can only go for self-study kind. CFA? -- I think I sure fail hahaha! Any suggestions?

Well, this is basically my day. I feel healthy and happy. :)

4 comments:

  1. CFA is gd!! I'll be your free tutor! muahaha... nabei, I'm taking level 3 next Jun, sibei excited!!

    we go cheong St James again after ur chemo yeah? Just don't force me to smoke cigarettes this time u idiot!!! muahahaha! take care, mummy ;)

    lim peh the SalsaGod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not u sms your other God friends and ask them to help you pass!

    Yay.! Let's go have a blast after all my chemo sessions. I promise I wont make you smoke! I will just make u eat the cigarettes!

    Good luck to your CFA! Study hard and let's party after you pass (that's when my chemo ends)

    Going to pluck my hair now. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah lau eh, eat cigarettes will immediately kenna cancer a not??!

    I am only child with a Mohican surname lei... must let me harvest my royal oats first then will eat that! Muahaha!!

    yes, let's go whack n cheong on top of MBS that super atas all-angmohs-gek4-sei3 disco once u finish chemo siah.... my treat!! kekeke..

    wah reading abt u feeling weak, legs no strength, feeling pukey etc...suddenly makes me want to.....

    play my piano!!! (don't ask me why! I oso dunno! muahaha)

    haven't touched it in like 10yrs, & the last time I opened it, got this cloth portion kenna eaten up by dunno wat invisible insects liao! nabei...wanna kill them oso cannot see them!

    dian3 yi4 shou3 ge1 hao3 ma?? I'll go get it repaired then practise the song n play for u..
    :)

    lim peh the PianoGod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pianogod,

    I am going to Kudeta during the Xmas season. Wana come join me? I will be staying MBS from 23-25 Dec. Bring your gf along!

    I wana listen to "I don't wana miss a thing" by Aerosmith go learn that well. and I also want to listen to 放一颗星 by Alex To.

    ReplyDelete