Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Sunday, November 13, 2011

13th Nov 2011 (Sun): 16th day in Hospital (SGH) - After 1st Chemo (day4)

Today is Day 4 after 1st chemo.

Side effects: Vomit my breakfast out at 9am with Cousin around. No appetite. Headache.

Doctor gave me an injection to stop the vomit and I slept until 1pm. He said my headache is caused by dehydration so I have to make sure I drink more than 2 litres of water. Chemotherapy makes you dehydrated. He says mine is a delayed effect. Don't know why my effect comes to late.

Hair is still around!! *Jumping*


Favourite food: 


This sor dah peng is good food when you have no appetite.. YUM!


Today amongst my visitors, there is my favourite---VERA!. She is very sociable, she just mingle with my visitors and talk to them like a social butterfly. I hope she can maintain her friendliness :) She can also make use of whatever is available in the room and keep herself entertained. I am glad she still wants me to kiss and hug her too. Upon leaving, she never ask me to leave with her as if she knows I need to stay in hospital. She just kiss me, hug me and left off to find her father.


Family photos
Later at night, I ate two mouths of the hospital food and went down for some wonton noodle soup and cheng teng. Somehow my appetite is back! yay! Hope it goes on tomorrow. I hate the anti-nauseous jab. It is painful :(

And I forced the hubby to hug me and re-assure me hahaha.. While doing so, the "third party" came hugging our legs and attempt to pull us apart.


My cancer scare changed my life.  I'm grateful for every new, healthy day I have. It has helped me prioritize my life.  ~Olivia Newton-John

No comments:

Post a Comment