Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Monday, November 14, 2011

Outlook in life?

Yesterday, Celestine asked me this question "How did this incident change your outlook in life and your life?" I thought it was a good question to mull about.

It is a question that you wouldn't really sit down and put it down in words yet all these while it is hovering in my mind of course, randomly.

I used to be a very bad tempered and impatient person. A little wee bit of things, I will flare up or speak in a unwelcome tone. It's as if the whole world owe it to me. I hope this incident will change me. Life is tooooo short. Way too short to be angry and be impatient. I suppose I will not put all these nitty gritty things into heart. We should just move on the bad things, with a smile. Everybody should learn to curb their temper.

I am also not a very PR person. Somehow, I have friends and relatives whom I am not very close to come visit me. It makes me reflect, have I neglected people around me? I should really keep in touch with people. Learn to deal with relationships and not avoid it.

I also try to say what I feel now. Towards my hubby especially. Marriage and relationships should be trust and more communication. When I need a hug I ask for it. When I need re-assurance I ask for it. When I want to cry, I just cry it out. I do not want to hide my feelings anymore. Life is tooo short right?

Definitely, I appreciate little things in life now.
I appreciate I have a supportive husband and family members.
I appreciate my friends' best wishes.
I appreciate every waking moment.
I appreciate I can walk though not in full strength.
I appreciate I can use the toilet and bathe.
I appreciate that I might only have one and only child.
I appreciate my disease is highly curable.
I appreciate, I still can appreciate things in life.




《如果我变成回忆》- Tank

快乐 什么时候会结束呢 
哪一刻是最后一刻 
想把你紧紧抱着 
可知你是我生命中的 最舍不得 


 

3 comments:

  1. Hello YM

    I am Eddie and I just stumbled upon your site. Hang in there, you are a brave woman and you will sure see the fruit of your perseverance.

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi YM,

    I am Joyce Shee's friend and I was linked to your site from Joyce's. The interesting thing is I also happen to be Celestine's friend. Singapore is very small indeed. Reading your blog, I am impressed by the quotes you coined. Life throws us curveballs every now and then, but we have to continue to smile through it all.. Praying that you will pass this examination with flying colours!

    All the best,
    Ii Vi (Ivy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eddie!

    Hi Ivy,
    Wow Spore is really so small.. Thanks for your encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete