Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Thursday, November 24, 2011

23 Nov 2011 (Wed) -- BOTAK day!

Today is the day I say goodbye to my hair. Never thought this day would even happen to me in this lifetime ever!

Dad brought me back to the hairdresser opposite our house to shave it all off.

I cried during the whole "ceremony". Cannot stop the tears.

I cannot recognise myself.

I look really sick now.

I don't dare to scare people with my bald head. So don't think I am uploading any photos until I am used to it.

Then cousin went with me for scarf shopping at Vivocity! She must be feeling very weird holding my hand to walk! Think it is our first body contact ever hahha! I shop until my whole body is aching and falling apart. I need more exercise!

Bought two scarfs at Mango for $88! Very expensive but very nice and material is quite good.

Anyhow tie at home.
Pink polka dots..

So it is pretty emotional to have no hair.

And it is very cold to sleep at night with no hair. Very pricky on the pillow when sleep also.

Can sleep immediately after bathe is the advantage of bald head haha!

Was watching this youtube video on how to tie head with T-shirt. This girl has lymphoma same as me and she looks so optimistic and sunny. I like her :) The part where she was saying her friend asked if dropping hair was liberating, I could feel her emotions and I teared.


No comments:

Post a Comment