Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Sunday, November 20, 2011

First day home (19 Nov 2011) - Letter to hubby

Last night (19 Nov 2011) was my first day home after 3 whole weeks in hospital.

So much has happened within the last three weeks. While lying on bed, I couldn't believe I had been through so much?

An operation, an abortion, found out cancer and then go for chemotherapy. -- Met my entire social circle hahaha~

I am so glad I have a very supportive hubby. Although he doesn't really like to say what he feels. But the things he do for me I know he really love me and care for me. He will come to hospital and accompany me for the whole day. Take care of our little princess Vera. And tells me he wants me to recover. Just concentrate on recovering.

While I was lying on MY OWN bed (I miss my Aloe Vera Pillow), I chatted with hubby from 10pm until 1am. Seems so long since we had a good chat while lying on bed. Really miss the times together. Really want to cherish the time together. Life is too short too unpredictable.

Hubby scolded me for not sleeping and keep talking to him hahaha. And he was lamenting that I am blocking his wind and giving some weird smell while sleeping beside him! But I know he misses me too :) (ok i am not too sure. I just assume lolz).

For the next few months to come, I don't know how many times we can be chatting together. Because I will be recuperating at 娘家. There won't be too much opportunities to be together and talk about our days. I won't be there to help out to take care of Vera too.

I feel so burden to you, Darling. Please forgive me. All that I can do now is to really love myself, love you and love life more. I want to live. I want to be with you. I want to grow old with you and take care of you, like how you are doing so to me. I do not want to miss any times together anymore. Just want to be happy with you :)

I hope this incident will really make us cherish each other more. Make us feel that life is so unpredictable that any incident can bring us apart so easily, so suddenly. As spouse, we have to be as friends, as confidante and strive to be life-long partner.

I love you. And I will want to be your wife even in the next three lives to come  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment