Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them. My friend Gilda Radner (who died of ovarian cancer in 1989 at age 42) used to say, ‘If it wasn’t for the downside, having cancer would be the best thing and everyone would want it.’ That’s true. If it wasn’t for the downside. ~Joel Siegel

Friday, November 4, 2011

3rd Nov 2011 (Thurs): 6th day in hospital


Today is my 6th day in hospital. I would say things zooomed past very fast!

-Now I could walk with assistance to the toilet
- I could sit on the chair to eat
-I could lift myself up from the bed and sit and get down the bed
-My wound feels abit itchy probably due to the healing effect (a good sign!)
-There is rashes at my whole butt and thighs probably because I have been lying too long.
-I could sleep very well at night (Thank god for the prushield A premier I bought! I upgraded to the A1 ward and it was very peaceful)
-My sister pushed me down in a wheelchair to accompany them for dinner. First time out of the room! I feel so SUA KU hahaha

Well everything was very good and improving and I am grateful for the nurses here who are patient enough to help a disabled me and encourage me to move. Also very happy that the physiotherapists and occupational therapists are very encouraging and professional too!

People who have visited me so far. I thank them for the encouragement and positive-ness. I think some of them were quite shocked by my cheerful-ness though! lolz

Colleagues (By random order) : Ling Hoe, Wilson, Alvin, Alan, Marcus, Ally, Jennifer, Wendy, Samuel, Daniel, Bom, Jeremy, Hong Wei (Alvin suggested my whole row shave botak to support me! haha)
My friends : Eric, Celestine and Dylan (We had a good laugh in the ICU lolz), Geraldine and Mark
Hubby's friends: Hai Sheng, Leon, QianYi and Sophia, Filton and wife, Trent
Relatives: Cousin WeiLing, Cousin Ah Chee and her mum, and baby Kayden

And a lot more people who have their blessings with me in facebook and through messages.

Well I am quite worried also but I am more worried about the side effects of chemotherapy. It will cause fatigue and low immune system which sounds torturing and should I shave botak before or after the chemo?

And NEVER in my life did I thought I would go through Chemo. At 26, I really been through what most people at my age did not. Celest said I have matured since the first day she met me. I would suppose so! And I encourage her to have kids! Seriously, if I did not have Vera, I would have a big chance I might not be able to conceive cos of the Chemo killing the eggs.

I am really blessed with a botak Vera, a loving husband who comes visit me everyday, although he washes me like he washed a dog when we were in KKH, and although he is impatient to bring me to the toilet. But the tears he dropped for me and the love he gave me has shown that the decision to marry him was the best decision made in my lifetime. And I believe this ordeal would make us stronger.

I am blessed tooo to have my mother, father and two sisters who visited me everyday tooo who gave me their support and prepare food for me. They are my family and they are hell important to me!

Also my dearest cousin who is ever encouraging, my walking dictionary for all the medical terms and the research she done for me. She is always there for me and these few years we grown more wiser and closer cos of the experiences we are going through. I hope she finds a really good man and be happy for the rest of her life!

I just hope that this ordeal I am going through would protect all my loved ones from any harm and I will just face this myself.

I am really blessed :)
Cousin bought the thickest magazine ever to help me kill time..
YAy! I can sit!

No comments:

Post a Comment